Tampa, FL, United States
Date published: 18-Apr-2016
The Clinical Product Consultant/MDI Knowledge Base Specialist is responsible for consulting with clients to customize various aspects of the product to optimize efficiency, workflow and process for the customer. The KB specialist has in-depth knowledge of the specialty practice and workings of the medical office environment.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
Essential Functions: In addition to working in accordance with appropriate conduct and behavioral standards, specific responsibilities of this role include:
· Associates Degree or equivalent clinical experience
· COA and/or COT
· 2-5 years of medical/clinical technician experience (as an ophthalmic technician or certified medical ophthalmic assistant, or equivalent role in the specialty of ophthalmology, dermatology, plastic surgery or other designated specialty)
· Minimum 5 years of experience in Healthcare industry, preferably ophthalmology, multi-specialty ideal
· Strong understanding of medical terminology, etc.
· Ability to work with customers at all levels
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
· Must possess high degree of professionalism and proven ability to work with confidential information.
· Demonstrated leadership and communications skills that support Nextech values and behaviors
· Effective knowledge of PC software (i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, MS Project, etc.)
· Detail oriented, organized.
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
· General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
· Long-distance or air travel as needed, not to exceed 10% travel
· Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
· Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel.