This is a MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing a level of operational database support to the organization as well as providing guidance and review in development activities. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis, and working with development teams to prioritize and optimize system performance among a suite of software solutions. This role requires good communication skills and coordination among operations, development, and customers.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
Essential Functions: In addition to working in accordance with appropriate conduct and behavioral standards, specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Code review all SQL
- Develop complex SQL on behalf of engineers
- Develop and alter database schema (Table, View, Index, etc)
- Develop database auto upgrade
- Monitor all environments for slow running SQL
- Tune data base configurations and parameters (Size, iops, logs, memory, cores, etc)
- Database data life cycle (Archiving, purging, etc)
- Responsible for production database ilities
- Define go forward strategy for data storage (SQL, NOSQL, Hadoop, etc.)
- Performance monitoring – ability to troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
- Determining and prioritizing work with the highest customer impact
- Collaborating with development staff to implement and test performance improvements, including designing adequate test systems.
- Operational support of customer-facing production database systems
- Operational support of internal-facing production database systems
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, in a 24x7x365 environment
- Collaborating on implementation of consolidated databases for reporting purposes
- Experienced in database development and support in Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with query optimization, performance improvements, and index tuning.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools such as Profiler, Performance Monitor, etc.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience with replication, mirroring, and log shipping.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience with linked servers; knowledge of salesforce a plus
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the "at will" employment relationship between the company and the employee.