Tampa, FL, United States
Date published: 6-Jan-2017
The Consultant will serve as an industry and software expert to Nextech clients and employees. They will be responsible for providing on-site and virtual consultation, training & services to both internal and external clients on how to use and apply best practices for Nextech/MDI/Supramed software products within specialty practices.
· Onsite consultation (up to 70% travel)
· Best practice identification & training (internal and external)
· Physician office consulting for key areas of software impact. This includes, but not limited to, revenue cycle, marketing, scheduling and EMR workflows.
· Project Management as needed, including creation of project artifact templates for charters, SOW, Change Requests, plans, etc., for consulting engagements.
· Internal training re: physician practice workflows & standard operating practices as well as new customer facing employees
· Artifact creation for implementation projects, including but not limited to: How-to’s, training agendas, discovery, etc.
· Serve as the internal Industry Expert for Plastics & Dermatology
· Provide on-going feedback to Product Management as the ‘Voice of the Customer’ for product enhancements/corrections
· Ensure Nextech EMR content & PM optimal sets are optimized for effective & efficient implementations and in alignment with industry best practice
· Operations liaison to Product Management as the “voice of the customer” for product roadmaps
· Generate consulting leads & cultivate to closure
· Bachelor Degree in related field
· Experience as a trainer/educator
· Minimum 7+ years of experience/exposure in ophthalmology, dermatology and/or plastic surgery
· Ability/willingness to travel up to 70% of the time
· Passion for teaching and keen ability to coach others, including medical practitioners/doctors & staff
· Knowledge of plastics, dermatology, & ophthalmology industry and best practices
· Subject matter expert in at least one EMR and Practice Management software system
· Effective and professional communication skills, both oral and written, to complete principal duties and responsibilities
· Energetic team player
· Creative problem-solver
· Minimum 9+ years of experience/exposure in ophthalmology, dermatology and/or plastic surgery
· 2+ years of experience as a Practice Office Manager
· 2+ years of software implementation experience
· 1+ years of implementation project management
· Previous physician practice consulting in revenue cycle and EMR
· General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
· Long-distance or air travel as needed, not to exceed 70% travel
· Activities require sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
· Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel.